Guided Meditation - Guru Purnima 2000

By Paramahamsa Hariharananda

This is Paramahamsa Hariharananda, who is always saying that he is Swami Hariharananda Giri. If it is Swami Hariharananda then you have to write Giri. And if it is Paramahamsa, then it is Paramahamsa Hariharananda.

Today is Purnima, full moon day, a special day because Ramachandra the king, the supreme Lord, first worshipped his guru, Vasishtha. This auspicious moment was the first time a guru was worshipped. So this is Guru Purnima day, when the guru is worshipped. You know Hariharananda, he is not a guru limited by place, he is a guru of the world. He roamed all over India, America, Europe, all over South America, everywhere, even in Russia and China to spread the message of Kriya Yoga.

God is one, but the religions are many. The people of all religions, want to realize God by the five sense organs, but God has given these sense organs only for their restlessness. There are fifty types of breath of which there are forty-nine types for restlessness and one short breath, the finest breath, a faint breath, the one that goes straight to the fontanel when you inhale. With this faint, shortest breath, you cannot get anger, pride, cruelty, sex or any other restlessness.

It is said in the Hatha Yoga Pradipika 4:114, yavat naiva pravishati charan maruta madhya marge - the breath must be very feeble, faint and going straight to the fontanel, where the baby has the softest place on the top of the head. You are to watch very carefully in that place. Then you will feel pulsation. Then you will hear divine sound. Then you will see divine light and you will also get love for God.
[editor emphasis]

God made man and woman in His own image and He breathed into these bodies the breath of His life and He became the soul of the whole universe. So, the supreme almighty Lord remains in every human body. Every human body is the body of the supreme almighty Lord and He has given His love to this body. If you take the shortest breath, you will get calmness, which is godliness, but instead most people are teaching about God by reading books or by singing songs or by dancing, or by rotating or many, many other ways. Although I do not like it, I am not going to criticize anybody.

Suppose, that you all are students going to school, listening to the teachers and after that you go home and prepare your lessons very nicely. Then you will come out successfully. Here people are going to the church but only on Sunday (not seven days a week), the priest will read for only one hour and they expect to get God-realization? That is impossible. You take food daily, regularly and sincerely. This is why your body is increasing. And through that you are getting everything. Similarly, you should keep your attention on the top of your head and take a very little breath, search Him inside the head and then you will see milk white light, covering the whole body with the divine light. Calmly search God in the fontanel, surely you will get God-realization. Practice Kriya well.

It is said in the same Hatha Yoga Pradipika 4:114, if the breath is not very feeble you cannot get God-realization: yavat dhyana sahaja sadrisham jayate naiva tattwam - if the meditation technique is not the easiest and simplest, then you cannot get God. He is taking breath and you are watching. This is the simplest technique. Everyone, people of all religions, are breathing. It is why they all are alive. Breath is our life. So you all should watch and see calmly with the short breath whether you are feeling pulsation on the top of your head and by the side of the ear, above the ear; whether you are hearing sound, constant sound. If you only practice this and see constant light all over the world then automatically you will get samadhi stage, pulselessness stage, breathlessness stage. You will get reality, truth. It is possible.

Hariharananda got this pulselessness stage several times. Even when he was giving initiation with 50 or 60 people sitting there or when he was giving brahmacharya, sannyas. Just as it was happening to me, immediately a disciple shouted at the top of his voice and pushed my body several times shouting: "...the function has not yet been finished, please continue, hello hello hello!!"

Then I got back my sense and wondered why someone was shouting so loudly. I asked him: "Who are you?"

He responded: "I am sitting here and you are giving them brahmacharya. You are conducting this function. If you get samadhi stage then the function cannot be completed."

To which I said: "Thank you very much." I sat down again and slowly, slowly, I continued to conduct the ceremony. It has happened several times like this.

All the American centers are listening, so with the deepest love you are to fix your attention inside the fontanel and you will feel the living presence and sensation of the supreme almighty Lord's pulsation. At the same time you will hear the divine sound and you will see the divine light all over. When you see this you will immediately get pulselessness stage, samadhi stage. You will even be free from sex. I got it, and I spent eleven years inside my room, in seclusion. I was there constantly for eleven years. I should not speak highly of myself but, if I do not speak, you cannot understand. Then they took me out from the room because I was constantly getting samadhi stage.

One month or two months later I decided that until Babaji came to me and talked with me I would not talk for the rest of my life. So again I entered my room and sat waiting for Babaji. The doors and windows were closed but after three days I heard a sound and someone was moving inside the room. Then I opened my eyes and saw that Babaji was standing there, but his body was just like a human being. The body of Babaji which you see in the pictures is a little artificial but when I saw him it was so nice and beautiful like that of a human being. I asked: "Who are you?" Then he touched my body and immediately I saw illumination all over the room.

My predecessor was sitting outside opposite the room, doing some work and he repeatedly asked me: "Are you talking today?" But I was not talking. I was only crying and crying and crying, because I did not touch Babaji's body. I did not talk to him but after going to the bathroom I returned to my personal meditation room. There I sat calmly and after two hours Babaji once again entered into that very small room. I felt it and immediately touched his feet and bowed. Then he talked with me. He said: "I am very happy. You should roam all over the world and spread the message of Kriya Yoga. You know many languages, you can explain everything. This is why I have come to talk with you again." Then He took two fruits and ate them and then he touched his head on my hair saying: "You should not get up! Sit for meditation. I am going out. My talk is finished. You should travel everywhere."

Then after two, three, four minutes I opened the door. Many people were remaining outside, nearby and I asked them whether somebody had passed by. My predecessor was standing there about three feet from the door. He said: "I heard the conversation. I am fortunate and I also saw that the door opened, but I did not see him. He told you not to come out; to sit down and meditate and then he went away. I heard those very words." I was so happy and continued sitting again and meditating on Babaji. Then in 1974 I went everywhere and spread the message of Kriya Yoga. I left the Puri ashram and I was almost always staying in foreign countries, though sometimes I would go for a short period to India to spread Kriya Yoga.

It is so simple. It is the quickest, surest, easiest technique. Search for Him with the shortest breath, in every breath, before and after and while performing actions. Watch Him in your breath. Watch whatever you are doing, know that it is done by Him. Kindly He is remaining in your body. It is the body of God.

(Baba singing): Mandir mandir, murat teri, phir bhi na dekhe surat teri.

In every temple in India there are many deities, but not one is talking. So the living deity, the supreme almighty Lord, is remaining in the head of every human being. I am not talking, it is Babaji who is talking through my mouth, it is the supreme almighty Lord who is hiding in my fontanel. The people of the whole world, even those who are the guides, the conductors, the priests, they all should take the shortest and simplest Kriya Yoga technique and practice it to get calmness. Calmness is godliness. With the short breath you will never get sense of the body, nor mind, nor talk, nothing. No worldly sense, no body sense, nothing: you will get samadhi stage, automatically. So, if you all have the desire for God-realization, then everyone of all cults and sects and religions, should take the Kriya Yoga technique from my disciples, those who are here or who are in India. Then it is very easy for them to get godliness. Kriya Yoga imparts skill. I am ninety three and extremely old but you can see my skill and tact in practical life, my success in the world. I am old but I am still talking and you can all see my brain-power, although some mistakes will remain because I am old.

If you all practice this Kriya Yoga technique sincerely - not only by reading; if you prepare your lessons and during the entire day and night search for Him calmly on the fontanel then you will get the supreme stage. Practice Kriya well. Kriya Yoga, is so precious, so rare, beyond imagination, beyond expectation. It is the gift of God. Babaji taught it to Lahiri Baba, Lahiri Baba taught it to Shriyukteshwarji, I took initiation from him and also from Paramahamsa Yoganandaji and then I was spreading the message. I go everywhere spreading the message of Kriya Yoga. Now I will not talk more. God bless you all. I give my love and regard and respect to every human being of the universe.

Thank you, God bless you, bye bye.

No comments: