Guided Meditation - telephone, June 2001

Homestead, June 2001

I am Swami Hariharananda Giri, my age is only 94 years old and I have been meditating for 92 years. When I was a baby of 2, I was meditating and searching for God. It is predestined. I was born in the Nadia district, in the city of Habibpur, India. Nadia is a renowned spiritual place; several well-known monks were born in Nadia.

Today I am telling about God-realization. I have roamed all over the world and I have spread Kriya Yoga all over the world. God is one - which means He is remaining in the body of every human being, otherwise He cannot be one. In the Upanishads it is written that you are both female and male, you are little boy and little girl. I am 94. I cannot stand. I cannot sit, nor walk but every human being is living in me.

God is one, but religions are many. They are teaching different ways of worshiping with the five sense organs. In the church, for example, they are reading the Holy Bible and all the people hear. Somebody is reading and somebody is hearing. But if you only listen you cannot know Him. Also, this worship only happens on Sundays, not on other days. If a student only studies on Sunday and does not study any other days of the week, can he ever be educated?

The roots of the tree remain in the ground and they suck nourishment from the ground by which they live. But the body tree is of a different type. The root is on the top, in the fontanel, where the baby has the softest place. From that place God is inhaling. The day He will not inhale, on that day every one will die.

In the Tantrasara it is written:

taja durjanah sansargam: avoid bad company
bhaja sadhu samargamam: seek good company
kuru punyam aha ratram: watch Him in every breath, day and night
smara mitta anittatam: always remember that you may die at any moment.

Taja durjanah sansargam: avoid bad company. Bad company can be easily recognized: it does not give reality and realization.

Bhaja sadhu samargamam: always search the good company: one who is constantly, (before, after and while performing works) searching and watching God. He is inhaling from the fontanel and is watching. When he is doing work, he is seeing that God is doing work. And when he is not doing work, still he is feeling that God is not doing work. And when he is doing anything, he will see that God is the doer.

Kriya Yoga is a shortcut technique. There are fifty types of breath of which forty-nine types are for restlessness in the human body: creating anger, pride, cruelty, insincerity, and hypocrisy. All negative qualities are coming from the forty-nine types of breath. All human beings are busy with those types of breath. There is only one breath for liberation, the subtlest breath. The Supreme Almighty Lord is inhaling from the nostrils of all human beings from the fontanel.

So first you have to fix your attention in the fontanel and you should take a very faint breath. The breath is so slow and feeble. If you place your hand in front of your nostrils the breath will not touch in the hand. And if you remain alert always, then you will hear sound all the time and you will give love to everybody.

So, as I was saying, I have been practicing this for 92 years. In every stage of my life I was only searching Him in the fontanel. Many religions are teaching God in various ways but Kriya Yoga is life, breath. Without breath, there is death. The Supreme Almighty Lord is inhaling from the fontanel, so you have to fix your attention on the top of the fontanel. That is the place where the Supreme Almighty Lord God, is remaining, sitting, and He is inhaling. Who is He? You can come to know if you have the subtlest breath. With forty-nine types of breath you will have so many negatives and ignorance. With one, smallest, breath, search Him inside the head. If you do it, then you will get calmness. Calmly and humbly you watch Him, then you will hear divine sound. You will feel pulsation in the whole body, and also you will see a divine, white light. As the sun is rising, the whole world is lighted. Remain there with love. Love, only love with the humblest breath.

The definition of a monk, or a realized person, is one who is always remaining in equanimity. Whether watching anger or love, they are always searching the Supreme Almighty. There is no anger, no pride and they are always giving love and love and love. They are rare indeed.

All human beings have some special qualities. With those special qualities they should proceed and search inside the head. Then they will get extreme calmness and freedom. In my life, in my youth till today, I never enjoyed sexually. By the practice of Kriya Yoga you can control everything. Sex is nothing. It is nothing. It is in the mind. When, for example, a baby sucks the breast of his mother, the penis is not erecting. The whole body is God.

I am there, in the fontanel, with love, with love, this is Kriya Yoga. The simplest, easiest, surest, best: success. If you fix your attention in the fontanel, then surely you will hear constant divine sound. Melodious, not disturbing, a very nice sound. You will also see the divine light, illumination. You will remain conscious about the negative.

Love, love, love. The Supreme Almighty Lord loves you. The day He will not inhale, you will die. So waste time with none but God, then time will not be wasted. All the time you can watch Him. You can love Him and you can remain free. It is very easy. Those who are practicing will get samadhi stage.

I got the samadhi stage. But one monk, his name is Sitaram Omkar, a cousin of mine, and as old as me, said that all his disciples disbelieved that I got the samadhi stage, the pulselessness stage. He also said that he did not believe it either because he did not get that experience in his life. He asked if it was possible to see my pulseless stage there and then. I said "Yes."

Jos Ide, from Belgium was there and he said, "No, if he disbelieves you, no matter. You only have half an hour, maybe one hour here and then you have to take rest. You cannot go into samadhi here."

However, the old monk offered his room to me and said that I could lie down in his bed and humbly requested that I showed him. So I showed him. I said, "Touch my pulse when I am meditating but only two or three of your disciples can come and check my pulse after I have entered samadhi. After that no more because they have disbelieved."

I took one short breath and was searching inside the head and then automatically I got the pulselessness stage. My cousin was astonished. He told his three disciples to come and touch. Immediately after that my disciple Jos Ide said, "Nobody will touch him, he is now in samadhi stage, almost deadly stage. You will put him on the ground and he will lie down, otherwise he will get pain in the neck." So immediately they caught me and put me on the ground and all were meditating and thinking how simple this Kriya Yoga is.

If you have the desire, real desire and good company, then surely you'll get advancement and will get reality. I was lying there for twenty-two minutes; after that I got back my sense. Jos Ide was moving my hand and giving massage to my feet and also gently pressing on the heart. Gradually my sense came back. They did not allow me to sit up, even though I was willing but Jos Ide told me to lie down where I was. When the sense came back, Sitaram Omkar asked me, "How do you feel now?" But at that time I still could not talk. Everyone was spellbound. Joy! Divinity! And Sitaram Omkar was calling to his disciples to bow to me.

This is Kriya yoga. Then, one hour after that, we were walking slowly, very slowly in front of the house of Shyama Charan Lahiri Mahasaya. Just after the ashram of Lahiri Baba in Varanasi, seven houses further, is the house of Sitaram Omkar. Sitaram Omkar said, "Will you not stay this night in the ashram?" I declined. I had to go slowly, slowly. We walked. The road was so narrow that only one person could pass. It is very near the temple of Shiva, about ten minutes away. Then we got a rickshaw and went back to the house of the president of the Women's College. She is my disciple. And the president of the medical college was also my disciple. They were very happy and they talked with me and they heard that I got samadhi stage a few minutes earlier.

It only depends on your desire. If your desire is great, then you can get that stage. Practice this technique, whoever you are, irrespective of religion because breath is flowing in people of all religions. Take the short breath and practice it. I am spreading the message. I am not saying any more.

I want to bow you all because the Supreme Almighty Lord is remaining within you all. God bless you all. Thank you. Bye.

No comments: